Saturday, January 1, 2011

A quiet Anyang morning.

I usually hike on Saturdays, but I took this one off. Lately I've been feeling like I need to slow down and get a grasp on things. I'm always going, going, going, so an uneventful Saturday was exactly what I needed.

I took an early walk and was surprised to hear, well, nothing. The neighborhood was abnormally silent and calm. I could walk an entire block without walking past someone, which is usually very rare. I appreciated staying close to home and I appreciated having absolutely no plans. 

I noticed some new signs at the street underpasses. My co-teacher had told me that subway stations are to be used as shelters in the case of an emergency. Ie. An attack from the north. It appears the underpasses will serve the same purpose. Good to know because this one is right outside my building!

No comments:

Post a Comment